All through the Bible God promises to bless and prosper those who trust and serve Him. In order to receive Gods financial and material blessings, we must learn to follow Gods rule of faith, which says : “Give and it shall be given unto to you” (Luke 6:38). We begin by giving back to God first tenth of all that we receive, in money and produce. This first tenth, set aside for God, is called our “tithe”.
Over and above this “tithe”, we bring our “offerings” to God, as the Holy Spirit directs us. As we do this in faith, God abundantly blesses us and supplies all our needs.
MEMORY VERSE: MATT 6 :33 (REVIEW VERSE DAILY)
- EXAMPLES OF GODS SERVANTS WHO HAVE PROSPERED
- When God gave Abraham victory in battle, what did Abraham give back to God’s priest, Melchizedek (Gen14:19-21) ____________________________________.
- How did God in turn deal with Abraham? (Gen 24:1) _______________________.
- What three things did Jacob want God to do for him? (Gen 28:20) ______________.
- What did Jacob promise to give God in return? (Gen 28:22) __________________.
- How did God in turn deal with Jacob? (Gen 33:11) __________________________.
- What kind of man was Joseph? (Gen 39:2) _________________________________.
- What was the reason for Joseph’s prosperity? (Gen39:2-32)__________________________________________________________________.
- What 3 things did God command Joshua concerning His Law? (Josh1:8) ____________________________________________________________________.
- What did God promise Joshua if he would do these 3 things (Josh1:8) _____________________________________________________________.
- What did David promise Solomon if he would obey all the statues and judgments of Gods Law? (1 Chron22:13) ______________________________________________.
- As long as Uzziah sought the Lord, what did God do for him? ( 2 Chron 26 :5) _____________________________________________________________________.
- When Hezekiah sough and served God with all his heart, what happened to him? ( 2 Chron 31:21 and 32:30) ________________________________________________.
- CONDITIONS AND PROMISES OF PROSPERITY
- Concerning a certain kind of person, God says that “whatever he does shall prosper”. (Ps1:3) a) Write 3 things such a person must NOT do (Ps1:1) 1) ___________________________2)_______________________________________3)__________________________________. b) Write down 2 things that such a person MUST do (Ps1:2) 1)____________________________________2)_____________________________.
- In what 2 ways did God say that Israel has been robbing Him? ( Mal3:8) __________________________________________________________.
- What happened to Isreal as a result of robbing God? Mal 3:9) _______________________.
- How did God tell Israel to “prove” Him ( i.e. put Him to the test) ? Mal 3:10 ____________________________.
- What did God promise Israel that he would then do for them? (Mal3:10) _____________________________________________________.
- What 2 things does Christ tell Christians to seek before all others? (Matt 6: 33) 1) ____________________________________2) _____________________________.
- What result des Christ promise will then follow you? Matt 6:33 ________________________________________________________________.
- When you give, with what measure will it be given back to us? Luke 6:38 __________________________________________________________.
- By what standard did Paul tell each Christian to measure how much he should set aside for God? 1 Cor 16:2) _____________________________________________.
- For what purpose did Christ become poor? 2 Cor 9:7) __________________________________________________
- What kind of person does God love? ( 2 Cor 9:7) ____________________________________________________________________.
- If we wish to reap bountifully, what must we do first? (2 Cor9:6) _____________________________________________________________________.
- If Gods grace abounds towards us, what 2 results will follow? (2 Cor9:8) ___________________________________________________________________.
- From what kind of people will God withhold no good things? (Ps 84:11) ___________________________________________________________________.
- What kind of people will not want (lack) any good things? (Ps 34:10) ___________________________________________________________________.
- In what does the Lord take pleasure? (Ps 35:27) ____________________________________________________________________.
Memory work: Matthew 6:33 Write out this verse from memory
This study is by Derek Prince. This study will help you and bless you. Blessings Pastor Gabriel and Tracey Chetty